Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G Lens(Prime)
The AF-S NIKKOR 58mm f/1.4G Lens from Nikon is a fast prime lens designed to excel at its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture. Through the use of two aspherical elements, a Nano Crystal Coating, and Nikon's Super Integrated Coating this lens has virtually no coma flaring or light falloff. This allows it to be used in low-light situations by maintaining edge-to-edge sharpness and balanced lighting at all apertures.
The 58mm lens features an aperture range from f/1.4 to f/16 and a rounded 9-blade diaphragm for producing pleasing out-of-focus elements, or bokeh. It also features a Silent Wave Motor for quick, near-silent autofocusing and Manual/Auto mode for fast switching between auto and manual focus. Additionally, this lens has a 1.9' minimum focusing distance and a 72mm filter thread.
It uses Nikon's F mount for compatibility across Nikon's entire range of FX and DX-format DSLR cameras. Also, when used with DX-format cameras it provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 87mm, ideal for portraits.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture allows for shallow depth of field and excellent low-light performance.
- The 58mm focal length offers a blend between a standard lens and a medium telephoto, offering a natural perspective with a slight exaggeration of depth of field.
- Optical design includes 9 elements in 6 groups, including two aspherical lens elements which assist in the correction of distortion and coma flaring.
- The Silent Wave Motor provides fast and quiet autofocus the M/A mode permits fast switching between autofocus to manual operation.
- Nano Crystal Coating helps to eliminate internal lens element reflections.
- Super Integrated Coating delivers accurate colors to your camera by minimizing flaring and ghosting.
|Dimensions||85 x 70 mm|
|Focal Length||58mm; Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 87mm|
|Aperture||Maximum: f/1.4; Minimum: f/16|
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||Nikon FX/35mm Film; Nikon DX|
|Angle of View||40° 50'; DX Picture Angle: 27° 20'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.9' (.58 m)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|